We all know that having a pool does pose a safety hazard, but unfortunately the statistics are still staggering!
NO MATTER HOW CAREFULLY YOU SUPERVISE, HAVING A POOL FENCE PROVIDES ANOTHER MANDATORY LAYER OF PROTECTION!
Scroll down to see why Frank became an authorized Life Saver Pool Fence dealer-distributor!
Child Drowning Statistics
- 69 percent of drowning incidents occurred while one or both parents were responsible for supervision.
- 10 percent were adults other than the parents.
- 14 percent were sitters.
- 7 percent siblings.
- 65 percent of the drowning incidents were in a pool owned by the child's family.
- 22 percent at a relative's.
- 11 percent happened at a neighbor's.
- 77 percent of the children had been seen 5 minutes or less before being missed and subsequently discovered in the pool.
Where Were They Last Seen?
- 46 percent WERE LAST SEEN IN THE HOUSE prior to being found in the pool. Of these, 15 percent were thought to be sleeping.
- 23 percent were last seen in the yard, porch or patio, not in the pool area. That's a total of 69 percent that were thought NOT to be in the pool area.
- 31 percent were last seen in the pool or pool area.
- 39 percent of the people responsible for supervising the child were doing chores.
- 18 percent socializing.
- 9 percent were on the telephone.
Frank Verni, owner of Life Saver Pool Safety Fence and Solutions explains, "I became an authorized dealer/distributor after purchasing a Life Saver Pool Fence to protect my own children when they were babies and toddlers. We had done a lot of research about different fence options and chose Life Saver because it is unable to be climbed, still keeps your pool and yard looking nice, and is affordable. As a bonus? It was not only safer for my kids, but it also prevented my water-loving Labrador retriever from using every excuse to jump into the pool! I ended up being so impressed by the product that I became a distributor."